I have purchased several Chinese carbon fibre tripods and the quality is excellent and their price is a fraction of the others. Of the Chinese brands, Leofoto is the most expensive; I have a couple of Innorel tripods and they are almost as good but half the price. Another that I have experience with is Artcise; these and many other brands seem to be cosmetic variations of the same product, possibly out of the same factory.

For 8x10 I'd recommend a tripod with either 40mm or 42mm top leg diameter. These are the Innorel RT90C (40mm) and Innorel ST424C (42mm). Both have 4 section legs, both have optional centre columns if that's your thing, both can take half-bowls or flat plates, so there are a heap of options. A novelty of the ST424C is that one leg unscrews to become a monopod, I haven't used it that way yet.

Regarding heads: here it gets difficult and expensive. I have a Luland version of the Ries head which cost more than the ST424C tripod it sits on. It's great, but I'd really like a pan plate on the top. Otherwise a big ball head or geared cube or whatever, to taste.

Innorel RT90C tripod on Aliexpress

I cannot find a link to ST424C but there is another tripod, the KT404C, with 40mm leg in a "compact" design: flat plate only, no bowl or centre column.

Innorel KT404C tripod on Aliexpress

I have no affiliation, get no commissions etc, but am a happy customer.

Note that when buying, read the descriptions very carefully and check exactly what you're getting. I just saw a BEXIN ST424C tripod which infers it's a 42mm 4-section leg tripod, but is in fact a variation of the Innorel RT90C 40mm leg tripod.