If the lens is used in a bright environment ground glass image brightness difference between a lens with full aperture of f5.6 -vs- f9 for a 250_ishmm focal length lens on 4x5 is not that much difference. This is due to the longer focal length effectively concentrating the image light on to the GG.. This is where a proper matching fresnel lens can aid in GG image brightness, but the grooves in the fresnel could hinder critical focusing on the GG.

~At best fresnel add on GG focusing aids are a trade-off, learning how best to focus the GG image is an acquired skill that demands time and practice. Brightest GG image alone will not accomplish this need.

Keep in mind there were no "hobbyist" LF view camera lenses made during the time when these modern Plasmat formula lenses were designed-produced. ALL of them designed by the big four Fujinon, Schneider, Rodenstock, Nikkor were producing these lenses for working photographers that knew precisely what they needed for images that kept a roof over their studio and food on their table. While there ARE differences in contrast rendition and to a much smaller degree "sharpness" ALL were absolutely capable of producing high quality images.. There have been Millions upon Millions of published and mass printed images made on these lenses.. Essentially, pick any from the Big four, have the shutter checked for proper operation and focus in image making.

~Simply adding a proper lens shade does wonders for image quality.

It might be possible your image goals of architectural images made from a distance will need a lens with a much longer focal length than 250_ish mm. The focal length needed might be 360mm or more. It this becomes real, then you're into telephoto design LF lenses for the Technika as it will not have enough bellows and camera extension for non telephoto lenses more than 14" or 360mm. The Technika is not the most ideal camera for using long focal length lenses as it was originally designed as a hand held press camera. Might discover there are baked in and unalterable limitations with the Technika driven by what lens is used.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Christianganko View Post
Thank you all for the examples, links and inifo!

In all honesty I think a 6.3 or 6.7 is as dark as I can deal with. All my lenses are 5.6. I have the newest GL and fresnal for the linhof and they help a lot thats for sure.

Lens size is not a terrible issue. But i will take into account.

Print wise its undecided yet. Its at initial stages and more than likely goimng into a book first. But of course its always at the back of my mind.

I think unless I see a huge sway otherwise through stuff i will research I will mostl likely go for the fujinon. My 150 is fuji and its an awesome lens.

Will see whats out there!

Thank you again!