By some miracle, I have a new neighbor who is both a "shop guy" and a programmer, and is excited about building an LED head for my D-2, something way out of my ballpark.

A number of people said they were going to build elgatosuizo's design (https://www.largeformatphotography.i...list-and-build). Has any of you done so? And if elgatosuizo's listening, by all means chime in.

I print only B&W, using VC papers. I have given my neighbor the relevant PDF as well as the 8x10-model PDF by BJ Harlin, which uses only specific blue and green LEDs. We're barely in the planning phase. We'll build the box around the 256-LED grid indicated by elgato. Neighbor has a 3D printer and I'm thinking to build the light box of wood or metal and 3D print a piece that will attach to the top and hook it to the three D-2 housing screws.

Here are my immediate questions:

1. Have you experienced any glitches to pass along?
2. How does the light output compare with "legacy" sources, e.g., Aristo/Zone VI round coldlight (my present rig) or 212 bulb and condensers or diffuser
3. Would I be better off using the blue and green LEDs in such a roughly 6.6" square enclosure?
4. Can I continue using my Zone VI Compensating enlarging timer with the sensor? (Note: I do not use a split-filter printing approach, i.e., pure green and then pure blue; I want the mixed-color light for each contrast.)
5. Does the output remain relatively constant as different contrasts are dialed in?

Thanks.