Read up on post #32 about the head... If the ready light is on, pack is charged up, but inside the head is a circuit board with 2 parts... Check the green part (trigger coil) to see of all 4 leads are soldered to board and not broken... This happened to one of my heads...

Re-capping is a good idea if unit will have more than light use, and Bernice showed how she did it well... Mine seems newer (2/01 date code) and seems fine, but I will be re-capping in the future before possible heavy use... Note the part in post about if the power transistors at the bottom of the case are running VERY hot, as this means components are in a runaway condition leading to pack failure...

Try another head on it first, and leave pack on for a long time (life of battery charge), then fire it once, then leave on for that charge, recharge, then leave on for at least 10 minutes before firing again, then multi-test flash...

Holly will go over entire flash unit, but he wants to give it a total overhaul, for a $$$ price...

Good luck!!!

Steve K