Like several people here on the forum it seems, I've decided to try my hand at contact printing this summer, acquiring an 8x10 back for my Sinar Norma and a couple of nice lenses to cover mild WA and longish-normal applications. I keep thinking about the long end, though (~600mm)--and given my outfit (and budget!) process lenses "in barrel" seem like the best option.

The one question I have is about bokeh--given that I'm yomping through the hills and hollers of the Eastern Woodlands and not fetched up out West shooting planar subjects like, say, the Alabama Hills, I definitely have to give a thought to out-of-focus areas, especially with forest canopy sifting the light.

I'm curious, then, what y'all's experience has been with the 24" Red Dot Artar or Nikkor 610/9 for general landscaping duty (from reading various forum threads, I know that Drew W. posited that the latter might draw with some gnarly double-line bokeh.)

Otherwise, I'd be curious about the other options (say in 450-600 range) that might be out there that would handle these kinds of OOF areas with aplomb.