Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
Compound# 5 shutters (would be needed for a 12" f4.5) are way under rated and appreciated. Long as the air cylinder is in GOOD condition, they work. X flash sync.

Owned (to this day) a 12" f4.5 Ektar for decades, it remains one of the all time faves. Possible the example used was made wrong in some way before it happened your way. What was un-desierable about the 12" f4.5 Ektar?

Kodak Ilex# 5 shutters have different thread sizes than the normal Ilex# 5 shutter. They are NOT interchangeable. Shutter opening diameter is the same.

Bernice
I know the Ilex and Kodak Ilex are not interchangeable. I was wondering more if I would be able to simply screw the No. 36 directly into a Kodak Ilex #5 myself without needing any modification or if I would still have to send it out to have someone mount it professionally as I would for a non-Kodak Ilex #5.

As for the Ektar I never found it as sharp or as contrasty as the Anastigmat, and the falloff from the in focus to out of focus areas did not seem as smooth. Like I said, I only had the No 33 to compare it to, but being the same formula I had imagined that the results would have been quite similar. It did not look "bad" by any means, I just preferred the Anastigmat.