Okay, my thread title is an attempt at LF humor....I know it's rough, but some of you just though, 'Oh no, not another 'best' lens thread!'

If there's one thing I've learned through this large format experience, it that there is no "best" lens; they're all pretty much amazing for the most part.

It's a little like me asking you, what kind of chocolate chip cookies should I get? How the hell are you supposed to know that!! Do I like thin, crispy cookies or thick, moist ones? How about my chip-density? Do I like more chips or less? Or what about the size of the chips? Small chopped chips or big plumpt ones? There's so many different aspects to a good chocolate chip cookie, how can anyone say, Chips Ahoy are the best when Grandmother's might also be considered?

Same holds true for large format lenses. So, for all you experienced LF photographers out there, put your shotgun, spears and hand grenades down. Put the pin back....and read on. 😉

The question actually applies to the 75mm and 90mm lens choices. This is what I'm looking for:

1. I shoot mostly landscape. Color transparencies, print film and B&W. I will occasionally shoot architecture and portrait.

2. I prefer the more modern look. I have a Fuji 150mm. I'd consider that a mordern look, but I'm not married to that look and feel.

3. I would like something that is more contrasty than the Fuji 150mm. I notice I always need/want to add contrast to my images and feel like the 150mm could use a bit more pop. But it's not a problem.

4. I'd love to stick with 67mm threads if possible.

5. I really don't want a bohemith lens, but I'm not counting ounces either. Just a modest size and weight would be just fine.

6. 4x5 image circle is all that is needed, but It would be very nice to not run into limited movements due to an overly small image circle. I don't see a reason to limit myself with this lens unless the image quality was over the top amazing.

7. I've read a thread about lens personality, and I get it, but like I mentioned earlier, the modern look is what I'd prefer, but I'm open to see what other manufacturers can do. I'm not married to an all Fuji kit or all-German kit. I don't care if I sample them all, but I do value a high quality images from an excellent lens. Yet I'm not quite ready to drop $1500 on a stupid lens!! The $600 or less range is palitable and the $400 range is very reasonable, I think...

Ok....now, with that all said, got suggestions on the "best" 75mm and 90mm lenses??? 😁

Many thanks!!!

Adam