Dang, my 7 lb tripod is my light one (for LF)!

If your present pod has served you well, the increased capacity of your choices should serve you well, also. You might find yourself strapping a bag under your pod (filled with dirt/sand/rock,etc) in the field to give you more stability since the over-all weight has decreased. That is a bit cumbersome, also. It would be great to be able to try out a similar sized pod under your camera to get the feel of it.

Being tall, I have raised center columns a few times with 4x5 and 5x7, but generally try to avoid it due to stability issues with long exposures. Best to judge/note tripod height without raising the column...if that info is available. Otherwise, the shorter the center column the better, IMO.

If it keeps you in the field it is definitely worth it, but my pocketbook looks at it as saving 3 pounds of weight at $150 to $250 per pound. And I'd probably just toss in another lens. At the same time, my Ries A100 wood pod and head (17 lb) is a monster to carry on the bike and I might go down the CF road eventually for 8x10 and the bike.