I recently purchased a used condition Jobo 3005 off the auction site and received it in the mail today. The packaging was obviously reused and arrived with a big dent in the box so I was kind of upset because these expert drums seem fragile. Prior to placing my bid I asked the seller about the condition of the item and he verified that it was in working condition (no leaks) but that it shows use.

As I was inspecting the Jobo 3005 for damage from shipping I noticed this (see photos attached) Inside the drum slots where the film goes about half way down there is a bump and when I looked at the lid I noticed one area looked melted or epoxied.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8889.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	173674

Name:	IMG_8893.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	173675

Name:	IMG_8896.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	173677

Name:	IMG_8897 copy.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	173678

When I rotate the drum I also hear a piece of plastic rattling around but I honestly don't know where it might have come from. I don't see any major dents or cracks anywhere...

I kind of waited all week for this and now I'm kind of bummed. Should I return this or just deal with it? Not only is the drum expensive but 8x10 film is as well...I just don't want to risk development problems. I'm wondering if I should just return this and spend the money and buy it new from Freestyle (or Catlabs if it's in stock) If you were me what would you do?