Not sure if what I've done is interesting enough to show here, but someone may find it useful.

I have a Durst AC1200 with a bum power supply, and even when it was working I spent more time troubleshooting 30 year old circuitboards than I did printing.

I was able to find a good deal on a VLS501 head with no power supply, so I figured I could use a modern "Switching" power supply instead.

The Durst EST500 outputs 23.5 VDC at 275 Volt-Amps (11.7A). I figured that any modern "Switching" power supply of similar capacity would work. A hopeful sales guy from work dropped off a 24 VDC 10A power supply as a "freebie", so I figured I'd give it a shot. Seen below is a PULS CP10.241-S1 Power Supply and my Open Source F-Stop Timer (link).

Here is a diagram of how I connected the power supply to the enlarger:

And so far, I'm getting very consistent bulb warm-up times, extremely consistent prints, and best of all, I'm not dependant on a 30 year old Italian power supply.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Note: This is a very expensive industrial power supply meant for high-reliability environments. Virtually any inexpensive DIN-rail mount power supply with sufficient specs from Mouser or Digikey would function equally as well. I've seen similar power supplies go for ~$25 on eBay.

Disclaimer: Not an electrician, so mess with electricity at your own risk. There is enough power here to kill you, so be careful out there.