Okay, long story with, perhaps, a simple solution. Durst 8x10 with CLS1840 head and EST 1500 N, 220 volt, power source. Using a Philmore ST-3000 step-up, step-down transformer to power the EST 1500. Using a Gralab 451, 110 volt timer. The relay in the 1500 is set for a 110 volt timer. Turn the transformer and power source on and everything is wonderful. Fan works and everything seems to be ready. Turn the timer on and everything stays wonderful. Hit the timer button for an exposure and all hell rains down on the world. The transformer starts buzzing loudly and vibrating like a magic fingers bed. As it's buzzing, the lamp comes on, but does not respond to the timer settings or switching — just stays on until the power is cut at the transformer. The same thing occurs if I switch the timer to 'Focus': transformer goes nuts and lamp stays on until the power is cut. This equipment is new to me and was supposedly working as designed when I picked the unit up. All fuses in the power source read good on a continuity test. The transformer is delivering the correct voltage at the receptacle. Switched out timers and had to same problem. Everything works, just not the right way. I spoke with J.J. at Durst Oregon. He said everything is connected properly. I have a lot of experience with repairing and restoring darkroom equipment, as well as vintage audio amplifiers. But this 220 stuff is new to me. There is nothing obviously wrong with the equipment or the connections. J.J. said that his only thought was that the power source may have a problem. But shipping it all the way up there is expensive, and I do much more complicated electronics work than this could require. Unfortunately, I don't know were to start with this mixed voltage set-up. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Durst — 10.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	165925 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Durst — 12A.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	165926