I've been wet scanning on a V700 for a few years now, and keep having this little dream of coming across and older drum scanner for a song and updating to it. Much to my surprise, that dream became real this week when I got a line on picking up a Heidelberg Primescan D7100 at an absolutely unbeatable price.

Aside from moving logistics of this monster, there are a few other concerns I have about this unit I want to think about before pulling trigger.

1) As it stands the mounting station is AWOL. Trying to make contact with the person who was known to have it last to see if it is still available. If not, replacements don't seem to be abundant or cheap. Though I could be completely wrong on this, and am not considering the cost of a station as deal breaker. Until one could be tracked down, is it even possible to mount a drum without one at the expense of it being a pain in the ass? This forum seems to have some DIY solutions though that don't seem to insane to put together.

2) I'm not sure that it comes with a computer to interface with either. But I have enough experience building PCs and parts laying around that putting together something to run this shouldn't be a big deal. However, if the software install disk and any relative license keys aren't located, then what are my options? The Silverfast software for it is not what I'd call inexpensive. VueScan doesn't seem to have this model listed as a supported device. Is there anything more affordable that can be had, even if limited to a more ancient OS?

3) This thing isn't going to break through my floor if I move it into my upstairs studio right?