Hi all! Long time no see. Been busy busy busy with work the past few months.

On a job near Cactus, Texas (staying in Dumas, Texas) and considering renting a car when done to travel for 3-4 days. Only have my Leica M2 with me, but thinking about having the friend watching my cats ship my Chamonix 4x5 and stuff to me (already bagged/cased up).

Any suggestions on places I can drive to and see, whether that is in Northern Texas, Northern NM, Southern CO, or Western OK?
I was told to go visit Palo Duro near Amarillo and that looks pretty great. What else? I do shoot a mixture of things, still life, landscapes, portraits, etc. I always like finding dilapidated houses and buildings. I am sure there is a route I could take and just sleep in a tent or hostels or something.

Shot all my Portra 4x5 a few months back. Maybe I snag a pack of color film from BH. I probably have two weeks before the job ends. Rest would be on FP4 or expired TMax 100.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PS: Not sure yet if I need to make a loop back to Cactus and pick up our company truck...or if I am flying back. If flying I probably can go in a straight line to fly out of wherever. Then I do not have to make a circle back to Amarillo to fly out.