i have an old 8x20 camera coming my way. It will probably take a month or 2 to reach me but I am excited and have been reading the various threads in this ULF section. Meanwhile I also can look at the challenges I will have in using this camera

1. Bringing it out. I do not own a vehicle so usually I will take public transport. This 8x20 beast will probably be too big for me to take a bus so I will need to get a bag locally for it. I hope to find locally a big front panel back pack for it. If that fails, then I have a Tenba boxy bag that may fit. I will use a small 4 wheel trolley to move it around. Probably can't hit the trekking trails.

2. Film - I have to start shooting paper negatives first by cutting 16x20 photo papers into 2. In the long run, I will try to use 2 sheets of 8x10 b&w film to shoot just like this gentleman did. I can't figure what what rig did he build. I will test how difficult it is to get the sheets to align nicely when I get hold of the holders. Any suggestions on other options will be helpful.

3. vertical shooting. I will like to build a L bracket in order to shoot in the vertical orientation (portrait).Thanks to the other thread, I have some ideas on how to fabricate one. The trick is to find the right materials to build it.

4. What to shoot ? i am worry I may not have good scenes to are suitable for a panoramic format. My country is a small place with mainly cityscapes. I will have to hit both the parks and the urban buildings to shoot interesting photos.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope to hear from other 8x20 users their experience.