So I've read the spec sheets for each, and here is what I understand - RF & SP have the micro-movements in the back, the RF has a rangefinder unit embedded in it, and the VX is stripped of everything but the necessities. Now, I want to make the jump to a technical camera for the sake of portability. I've been looking at the Toyo 45A, and the Wista series. The latter seems to accommodate more movements than the Toyo, and so I'm leaning towards it. RF's are outside my budget, but I've seen a few SP completed sales from months ago that are juuuuust within my budget.

Although I'd like an SP, I'm wondering if the micro-focusing back is worth the addition of somewhere between two and four hundred US dollars. There are dirt cheap VX's out there, and I'd be completely satisfied with one if it turned out that the micro-focusing wasn't that important. Is there anything I missed? If the RF or SP have extra movements, like drop where the other two don't, then I may just have to go back to saving. In fact, the presence of drop is confusing. None of the spec sheets say it has front drop, though one page mentioned that you can "drop out" the bottom. Can someone please elaborate on that?