So I just started using Pyrocat-HD as my new developer. So far the results have been weird. The last two negatives I developed end up with this weird uneven development. I'm not sure what info you'd need to diagnose the problem, but I developed the 4x5 film (delta 100) in 5x7 trays using 500ml of Pyrocat-HD (2:2:500) for 40 minutes @ 71 deg F with 30 seconds initial agitation, followed by 10 seconds every 10 minutes. The 5x7 trays have not been a problem in the past . There are four things I've done differently which may be the culprit.

1. I pre-soaked the negative for 5 minutes in water. This is what I've been told to do with long development times like this.
2. I used a new developer (Pyrocat-HD at 2:2:500 ratio).
3. I used a new fixer recommended for Pyrocat (TF-4).
4. During the wash, I ran the negative under the shower with the lowest water pressure I could whilst refilling the tray with fresh water. I did this about four times. If you look closely at the negative, you can also see that the majority of the image is affected by what I think is the water droplets hitting the soft emulsion.

So I have two probems which I'm hoping someone could enlighten me how to avoid.

1. The weird blotchy sky that. Is this an effect from not enough agitation?
2. The center of the image that looks like it might be a product of the water droplets. Very unsharp.

Your help would help so so much.

ClarkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	160401-B.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	149262