Thread: 240mm Apo Rodagon up on Beseler 45VXL 810

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

240mm Apo Rodagon up on Beseler 45VXL 810

I have enjoyed using this Beseler 45VXL 810 enlarger since I replaced my home-brew 810 conversion 45MCRX about five years ago. At first I used the 240mm f9 Beseler lens that was included in the package, with what I thought were very good results although focusing was somewhat dim. I soon realized that many other lenses can be made to fit the 45VXL with only slight modification to the enlarger "throat" area. After relieving the enlarger throat, I was able to mount both the 240mm and 300mm Rodagons (too long for my applications) on standard Beseler 4X4 boards in the stock Beseler fixture.

Recently I obtained a well-used 240mm Apo Rodagon from a forum member at a very favorable price. This lens is mounted in a cone which is too big for a 4X4 lens board. I mounted the lens on a plate of West Marine Sea Board which replaces the Beseler hardware using the same mounting points.

The Beseler 45VXL810 is an outstanding bench top enlarger and its versatility is greatly enhanced with a few simple cuts that make it possible to mount a wide range of optics for 8X10 use. Looking down on the lens stage from above, these cuts can be seen in the lower left section of the circular opening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF5851.jpg   DSCF5850.jpg   DSCF5849.jpg