Looks way more complicated than anything I would want. It's fascinating and a great accomplishment. I think you can buy a used Fuji Frontier machine in working condition for a grand. I used Nikor tanks and water baths for roll film color for years with no problems. But now I've got a couple nice used Jobo units that work great. I will probably be looking to get a CPP3 when I retire full time in a couple of years.
For years I always thought the Jobo stuff was too expensive, but in a world where film processing is getting hard to find and hard to trust what you find I think these type of units are worth every nickel.
My hope is that there is still enough critical mass of buyers out there that all the manufacturers don't give up due to lack of interest and a glut of worn out old equipment.
I hope that if this individual wants to give this a try great, looks like whom ever is great at the machine control side, hand made square plexiglass tanks don't look practical but it's a prototype.
Reality is hard to face but to tool something like that using injection molding would require an annual volume of 10000 units and would have to sell for 5 grand. Thank goodness that Jobo saved the tooling because believe me, after working in fabrication, injection molding, vacuum thermoforming, etc for the last 20+ years you gotta have volume or you are not going to make it.