I just picked up a Caltar 75 f/6.8 for my Linhof Technika IV. To shift up, like I do with my 90 mm lens because of the shift knob design, I rack the standard out so I can reach the knob and then rack it back in to where it will be able to focus to infinity. Unfortunately, it turns out the shifting knob hits the lug that the door strut locks on to just a few millimeter before it can reach infinity focus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linhof75.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	139070

The lens is already mounted on a recessed board that leaves me just enough room to operate the controls with my fingers or a pen, so a more deeply recessed board might not be reasonable. I would very much like to get those last few millimeters of vertical shift that the lens and camera combination allows. The only (admittedly extreme) solution I can think of is to grind off the flange on the strut lug to create clearance for the shift knob. The strut arms seem like they're mounted solidly enough to the drop bed that the flange doesn't really provide much stability or retention of the strut arm. Surely someone has run in to this problem in the ~60 that this camera has been available. My only consolation is that it is a replaceable part if it turns out to be a really bad idea.

I'm hoping some of the more experienced Linhof photographers here can suggest any ideas. Thanks!