Quote Originally Posted by ndg View Post
When I thought of getting the camera, I emailed Simon over at APUG about that size film. He thought it would be possible and I was just happy to get that size. I didn't worry too much whether it was FP4 or HP5.
Initially I ordered 2 but got only one box which I've hardly used. At almost $20/sheet, I'm almost afraid to touch the box.
I've been using Xray film and photo paper mostly.
The other thing I realized is how restricted one is shooting with barrel lenses. My kit lenses are now the Nikon 450, the Fuji 600 and a RDA 30" that I had a shutter added to.
The camera has impressed me with how sturdy it is. I haven't used it in the last few months since I pulled my back and have been having spasms. Hopefully that will subside soon.

Nana,

Congratulations on the beautiful camera from Richard, and hope you enjoy using it.

I too would consider FP4+ a much better film for almost any type of printing with alternative processes because of its expansion potential, especially useful in scenes of low contrast where you need a film that will develop to a high CI.

X-Ray film is certainly an attractive alternative, and as you and Jim have found, it can be made to work nicely with carbon transfer printing.

Sandy