I just picked up a Scitex smart 320. All working (seen by me) and in lovely condition. Came with a mini tower mac g3 266 which also works perfectly. It was demo'd with a Mitsubishi diamond 19in CRT which wasn't part of the deal and isn't available. Got the G3 home, connected up to a TFT (have tried 3 different ones now of various vintages) and get the MAC error that the screen resolution is incorrect. I have reset the PRAM (confirmed with 2 beeps) and still get the error. The video card only has vga output.

I think my options are:
1) Go back to the original owner with the MAC, boot with his screen and reset the video display to 'default' then connect one of my screens up & check still works.
2) If tfts wont work with this generation of card then swap the card out for a later version of the MAC compatible Radeon with DVI out and hope that this fixes the problem
3) The previous owner has offered to sort out a CRT which could be proved working.

Any advice ? I have all the software so if worst really came then I could pick up another G3/G4 and install from scratch.

I have to say I am stunned by the lack of value of these old flatbeds - they were the original owners and paid >£20k ukp for the setup in 1998 which now sold for £250ukp - 1% of its value. Mind you it is supposed to weigh best part of 100kg so perhaps not a surprise really.

Thanks

Dave