Quote Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Ok, I know Dagor and its clones (particularly Collinear) have only 4 air-glass surfaces, so the light loss would be small compare to other uncoated lenses. But how do they perform on chrome and color negative film? Are the result comparable to a coated (single, or even multi) lens? I have 150mm Collinear and 210mm Dagor. I tended to sell them to get a coated one for shooting on chrome and color negative film, but now I'm considering keeping them, if the result should be fine.
Any one has experience?
By all means keep your lenses and try them!
I've used a 6" uncoated N.Y. Dagor on the old Fuji 50 in 4x5 and Kodachchome 64 (120). About the only trouble you are likely to have is in a high contrast scene with deep shadows, the black parts of the shadows can sometimes take on the dominant color cast in the scene, but a good (read: compendium, properly adjusted) lens shade will mostly cure this. I didn't much like F-50 but the 6x7cm Kodachromes were and are lovely.

I used a 30cm uncoated Berlin Dagor with 8x10 EPP 100, getting similar results, except the Ektachrome didn't make all the greens look like flourescent broccoli.
I used a multicoated Kern Dagor with 8x10 EPP 100, Ektachrome 120, Kodachrome 120 - I've never seen better transparencies. I didn't have Drew's trouble with too high contrast, perhaps because I chose the scenes carefully - I'd already learned some contrast lessons in B&W (with T-Max) from that lens.

Try your lenses, use the longest scale transparency film available - just imagine the "Dagor Look" translated to color, that's what you'll get. (smiling smiley)