O.K., I just ordered a new Epson 3880 and will be dedicating my old 3800 to Piezography. However, I'm still bewildered as to how to get going. The Piezography web site is unorganized and confusing and there don't seem to be *any* piezography videos on YouTube other than old "how to fill cartridges" videos. Weird.

Here are the points that I'm *still* not clear on...

I understand I need empty/chipped cartridges for the Piezography inks. But do I really need flush liquid and separate flush carts if I won't be switching the 3800 back to color? Won't a full cleaning or two remove the color ink from the lines? Or should I flush them after each printing session to avoid clogs? Second question--are these carts available from any other reliable source--or can I make them from empty Epson 3800 carts?

Inks and paper--which to get? I know that the inks are warmer or colder, etc and I know that this varies by paper--some papers interacting in surprising ways. Fine. But is there a chart or other way to estimate the result with popular papers? I see all sort of posts of various forums about this paper or that but no organized list. Any suggestions of what to use if I currently like the color of Epson inks on Ilford Gold Silk? Is my best bet going with a matte paper?

What is up with the carbon ink? Is there a downside compared to their earlier inks--the web site text is unclear.

--Darin