Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croatia photo tours - comments?

Re: Croatia photo tours - comments?

Denis,
    Interesting idea. A comment:
    First decide why you are doing this. Are you saying "These are the places I want to photograph, when I want to go and I am willing to stay in this class of accommodations while doing it. If you want to join me the trip leaves at ... " or are you putting your customers first and saying "I can organize tours in Croatia for photographers. What would you like to see. When would you like to go and what kind of hotels, experiences would you prefer?". Once you have decided this I believe it will be easier for you to design, market and organize your tours. You can also make your plans to start with initial tour offerings and increase the number and variety as the business grows.
    Ric

アナログ侘・寂

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    I have done a bit of weather research!

April/May/October seem the best temperaturewise.
    None of these are very dry - 16, 14 and 13 days on average for precipitation.
    Steven, looks like we have a prospective customer

Kidding aside, there is no such thing as "weather in Croatia" - it would be the same as the "weather in Great Britain" - not the same in Scottish Highlands and in London or Brighton

There are 2-3 distinctive climate geographic areas, with numerous sub- or micro-climate areas in between.

There's typical continental climate (similar to e.g. Austria, Hungary, or Northern Italy), there's inland, with (climate) areas more resembling Iceland than Mediterranean, and then there is the Adriatic coast - Noterhern, Central and Southern Adriatic coast, each with its own weather peculiarities.

So, it's nice to do some reasearch, but, unless you know more or less exactly where you will be going, the weather for Zagreb (or even Rijeka, for that matter) doesn't mean much if you're going to Lika (Plitvice Lakes), or Split on the coast (or Dubrovnik, for that matter) - and they're all in Croatia

But, generally speaking, April and May in the Spring, and October (and mostly November) in the Autumn are nice periods to visit - with moderate temperatures, but still with the possibility of snow in April (in continental parts) and occasional rain.

アナログ侘・寂

Well, here's an update of sorts: we've finally managed to get a web site up and running. It's still in early stages, but at least provides some information about the photo tours we plan, plus the detailed info on the coming tour (early May).

Check it out HERE.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions, as always

TIA,

Denis