Page 217 of 290 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2893

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Doug

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Sorry, it can not be a lll as it was produced during or before WWll.
    That serial number series was not used after WWll for any Linhof 23, 45, 57 or 810 camera.
    It isn’t impossible that that 90 was added after the war. Or maybe a dealer that survived the war sold it after that 90 was made.
    Since multiple cameras that are clearly postwar Technika IIIs have turned up in this thread with serial numbers in this range, I’d propose the database of serial numbers is incomplete. This would not be hard to understand given the postwar environment.

When I asked Linhof about this camera, they also identified it as having been made between 1948 and 1950, based on its construction. The focus scale was engraved for 90 and 210mm lenses and stamped for the 135mm. So I have every reason to believe that the 90 was paired with it from Linhof and the 135 Zeiss lens was paired with it at the time of sale.

I just picked up a Linhof Technika III. It comes with the rangefinder, bellows in excellent condition, no major dings, scratches, etc. and over all in great condition.

Serial Number is - 33596. Does that place it in ca. 1954?

Second, there were no lens boards with it, and the only Technika board I have is from a later model (pebbled black, beveled bottom edges. Does any one have the specs on the original lens boards (w x l x d)? Not sure of the proper lens board, other than photos of III's don't have Linhof crest. I can probably make a lens board given the specs.

Thanks.
    Best,
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
    I just picked up a Linhof Technika III. It comes with the rangefinder, bellows in excellent condition, no major dings, scratches, etc. and over all in great condition.

Serial Number is - 33596. Does that place it in ca. 1954?

Second, there were no lens boards with it, and the only Technika board I have is from a later model (pebbled black, beveled bottom edges. Does any one have the specs on the original lens boards (w x l x d)? Not sure of the proper lens board, other than photos of III's don't have Linhof crest. I can probably make a lens board given the specs.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
    3.94" x 3.66"

.06" thick

https://skgrimes.com/products/lens-boards/technika

(I'd prefer it in mm, i.e. 100x93 1.52mm thick.)

Quote Originally Posted by abruzzi View Post
    3.94" x 3.66"

.06" thick

https://skgrimes.com/products/lens-boards/technika

(I'd prefer it in mm, i.e. 100x93 1.52mm thick.)
    Thank you!!
    Best,
    Dennis

Thanks, Bob. Much appreciated.
    Best,
    Dennis

In the past few years I have seen following 3 types of Linhof serial numbers:

B552xxx
    C541xxx
    6445xxx

What is the significance of the first letter/number that prefixes the last 6 digits: "B", "C", "6"?

Note that the number following C is smaller than the number following B. Which of these serial numbers are more recent? What are the manufacturing years for these 3 serial numbers?

Where can one find the ranges of Linhof serial numbers manufactured in the past 10 years (2011-2020)?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Atul Mohidekar View Post
    In the past few years I have seen following 3 types of Linhof serial numbers:

B552xxx
    C541xxx
    6445xxx

What is the significance of the first letter/number that prefixes the last 6 digits: "B", "C", "6"?

Note that the number following C is smaller than the number following B. Which of these serial numbers are more recent? What are the manufacturing years for these 3 serial numbers?

Where can one find the ranges of Linhof serial numbers manufactured in the past 10 years (2011-2020)?

Thanks.
    You can’t find a current record of numbers.
    Using a letter before numbers lets them use a shorter sequence of numbers that have to fit on the accessory shoe.
    The earlier the letter the older the camera.
    They started with B on the MT in 1990.

Thanks, Bob.

The earlier the letter the older the camera.
    Does that mean the camera with the serial number starting with C was manufactured later than the one starting with B although the number following C is smaller than the number following C?

Quote Originally Posted by Atul Mohidekar View Post
    Thanks, Bob.

Does that mean the camera with the serial number starting with C was manufactured later than the one starting with B although the number following C is smaller than the number following C?
    B was used through 93. C would be later then 93.