Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interior architecture photography lens

Interior architecture photography lens

Hi all and happy new year!

I want to ask, if you will shoot interiors inside a house or hotel or any place which lens you will go with? Say if i am limited in space and i can go back further to include more of the architecture, what lens on 4x5 format you recommend?

Thanks!

bdkphoto

Re: Interior architecture photography lens

A 90 for most and a 75 for tight spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkphoto View Post
    A 90 for most and a 75 for tight spaces.
    Add a 55 Super Angulon to that short list.

And the Schneider 58mm XL Super Angulon whne the 90mm Caltar II isn't wide enough.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Interiors of houses only occaisionally need shift capability. Very wide is useful ... 14mm on a 35mm frame. Exteriors and probably hotels benefit more from shift.

When shooting wider than 17mm the perceived distortion of shapes becomes very noticeable.

I haven't put it into use yet but I've acquired an Ebony SW45 and a set of Super Angulon XL lenses to get similar wide angle capability with 4x5 film. If you use the published ICs, there isn't much shift for focal lengths below 72mm. If shift is important for what you are doing then a 72mm SA XL and 110 Super Symmar should be a great 2 lens combination.

Jeff Keller

90mm for cinemas and concert halls, 75mm for privat houses and Schneider XL 47mm for small rooms!

Cheers Armin

I see, thank you very much!

Actually, i need a wide angle lens, when i shoot my house inside i always use wide angle or ultra wide angle lenses on 35mm or MF, so i was thinking which one equivalent lens on 4x5 format, seems anywhere between 58 up to 90, I have to deiced wisely which to get first, i can't them all at once now, but i will planning to get one after another this year within 3-4 months between each other.

Let's say if i bought that 58mm SA XL, must i need a recessed board for it?

That entirely depends on which camera you are using. For example, If I use mine on my Cambo SCX, it must have a recess board. ON my Zone VI, a regular flat board is fine. The need is determined by the normal minimum distance when the standards are at their closest and it's corresponding distance between the film plane and the plane of the normally flat lens board. Of course is is also determined by the fact that at maximum compression, no bellows can allow much in terms of movements. One my Zone VI, I always use a bag bellows with my wide angle lenses and often do the same on the SCX.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Ok, clear enough, will keep that in mind, thank you very much!

An update: Ordered or say placed an order for a lens, it is 72mm SA XL, but it will take about 1-2 weeks to be in stock then they ship it to me, hope this will happen sooner than later.

Now i finished 60-80mm range with one lens, now i don't know which lens should be next, i ordered that 72mm as brand new, my next top priority lenses in my list are: 90mm and 210.

Because i want to buy only new i will delay those 2 lenses for later, so i want to get some another lenses second hand that you think it will be great, so if i ignore 72, 90, 150[i have this], and 210, which another lens i should get? I want a lens to use on my Speed Graphic, the problem is that i shoot anything from landscapes to portraits to architecture, so to me one lens is not everything i need and waiting that 72 anyway.