Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: light meter for crown graphic

Roger William Barr

Re: light meter for crown graphic

Forget em all and get Pocket Light Meter for iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pock...381698089?mt=8
    Fantastic light meter with logging ability. Takes a snapshot and loggs all info to Drop Box.. Check it out..

No I have nothing to do with this app... I like do jam about doing hand held stuff with a folding 4x5 with limited equipment.. this thing rocks..
    And its like $1.99

Do you have an iPhone? I use the Pocket Light Meter app. Regardless of any techno mumbo jumbo, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn45 View Post
    Forget em all and get Pocket Light Meter for iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pock...381698089?mt=8
    Fantastic light meter with logging ability. Takes a snapshot and loggs all info to Drop Box.. Check it out..

No I have nothing to do with this app... I like do jam about doing hand held stuff with a folding 4x5 with limited equipment.. this thing rocks..
    And its like $1.99

Oh ha ha, I didn't see your response when I posted mine. Yep, Pocket Light Meter is excellent. The only downside is I can't meter strobes....

Roger William Barr

True no strobe meter but most meters don't do that anyway. Once you use a flash for outside the studio background flash and fill a few times you get to know the light output. It stays constant at any given distance so its really not necessary to haul the extra equipment. Weegee did not use a flash meter.. And BTW the OP talks about hand holding a crown graphic.. Well a decent flash meter could easily cost more than the camera.

I say check out the Iphone app and if you don't have an Iphone research apps for the phone you do have. These smart phones have tons of creative uses for photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn45 View Post
    True no strobe meter but most meters don't do that anyway. Once you use a flash for outside the studio background flash and fill a few times you get to know the light output. It stays constant at any given distance so its really not necessary to haul the extra equipment. Weegee did not use a flash meter.. And BTW the OP talks about hand holding a crown graphic.. Well a decent flash meter could easily cost more than the camera.

I say check out the Iphone app and if you don't have an Iphone research apps for the phone you do have. These smart phones have tons of creative uses for photographers.

Yeah, I was just joking about the strobe support. Humor the first thing that gets lost in translation online.