Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in 8 x 10 Fuji Acros???

Anyone interested in 8 x 10 Fuji Acros???

I'll be in Tokyo for business in the middle of January and am planning to pick up a couple of boxes of 8 x 10 Acros. I wouldn't mind buying a few extra boxes if anyone would like some. I can't buy dozens of boxes but 3 to 5 extra boxes would be reasonable. As of today the big stores are asking 10800 yen or about $127 at today's Yen/Dollar rate. The dollar has climbed quite a bit against the Yen in the last few weeks and may be a bit higher in January. I believe the sales tax is still at or close to 5% so in rough numbers it would be about $133 - $135 a box (20 sheets.)

If you're interested let me know. I won't need any money up front but would just charge actual cost to me plus shipping from Tucson to you. It isn't in stock all the time so there's a chance I won't be able to find it and no guarantee re the exchange rate.

Anyhow, let me know if you're interested.

Re: Anyone interested in 8 x 10 Fuji Acros???

A very thoughtful and generous offer, Jim. Enjoy your trip! Envy all around!

Hi Jim! I would probably be interested. How do you get it back so that it is not scanned?

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Thanks for the kind words, Jay. I haven't been to Japan in about 3 years now. Used to do the trip at least once a month for 20 years or so and worked there for 6 years to boot. But a few years back I collapsed with a pulmonary embolism and spent time comatose in the ICU on full blown life support. Surprised the doctors and against all odds woke up after only a week or so and am pretty much back to normal by now so I was really happy to get the go ahead to fly internationally again. My wife is Japanese and we've really missed the place and all our friends. Feels like going home again, even if it's only for a week. I may take my Super Graphic with me, but the 8 x 10 will have to wait until I go with my wife and we rent a car and travel around for a couple of weeks - too busy with work to take that much time right now though.

Anyhow, offer still stands for anyone who's interested.

Hi Tim

I plan to hand carry it rather than check it in - haven't had any problem carrying Acros around either in carry on or checked baggage domestically and the scanners in Japan are state of the art so I'm not too worried - had a bunch of film destroyed by some ancient scanners in New Zealand a number of years back but don't expect any problem in Japan.

Fuji Acros available in 5x7 or 13cm x 18cm? If yes, I'm interested a some. Never tried this film, yet curious about it.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    I'll be in Tokyo for business in the middle of January and am planning to pick up a couple of boxes of 8 x 10 Acros. I wouldn't mind buying a few extra boxes if anyone would like some. I can't buy dozens of boxes but 3 to 5 extra boxes would be reasonable. As of today the big stores are asking 10800 yen or about $127 at today's Yen/Dollar rate. The dollar has climbed quite a bit against the Yen in the last few weeks and may be a bit higher in January. I believe the sales tax is still at or close to 5% so in rough numbers it would be about $133 - $135 a box (20 sheets.)

If you're interested let me know. I won't need any money up front but would just charge actual cost to me plus shipping from Tucson to you. It isn't in stock all the time so there's a chance I won't be able to find it and no guarantee re the exchange rate.

Anyhow, let me know if you're interested.

It doesn't seem to be listed in 5 x 7 on the Japanese web pages. I've been looking because I use 5 x 7 myself. You could always cut an 8 x 10 sheet into 2 5 x 7 sheets though

Would be nicer if Acros fit out of the box. Years ago Fujichrome can be ordered in 5x7 or 13x18.. Those days appears to be long gone..

Bernice

Jim,

You're an inspiration! I missed a chance to work in Japan (Kyoto and Nara) several years ago, and still feel cheated. Tokyo is high on my list of cities to visit. I might have an opportunity to work in Seoul next year, so maybe I can make it happen. A glimpse, at least. My youngest son is a sushi chef, and would love to visit Japan, too.

Your SG should be a lot of fun, and get a lot of attention! Enjoy your visit, and your friends and everything Japanese!

Anyone interested in 8 x 10 Fuji Acros???

Jim,

As a former PE survivor myself I understand the traveling trepidation! Japan is such a beautiful country and I love the culture. I've never actually lived in Japan but I did live in Okinawa when I was a young child. Great memories.

If it works I would definitely be interested in a box of 8x10.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co