Hello,

What I thought would be a simple enough task turned out to be rather a pain. Its my first time tray developing, but I've done 4x5 daylight tank (JOBO) developing without any problems.

So this is the film that came out...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mezyaeSC7v1qis8j2o1_500.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	85389

The background was supposed to be pure or close to white, and its got these weird ghostly artifacts around the shoulders. Upon closer inspection of the negative, there is a yellow spot / stain that may be from a fixer problem??

The film is HP5+, developed in F76+, 7 minutes, 3 minutes in fixer. I agitated by rocking the corner of the tray up and down, constantly for 7 minutes. I was very gentle with the rocking because the developer would splash and spill. The tray i was using is a 5x7 tray, I wonder if a bigger tray and more developer would help? Or should I try a new agitation method?

As for the condition of the developer I cannot say how old it is, because I am using a school lab, but I haven't had this problem with my 35 or 120 rolls in the past.

Edit// Also to note, I only developed one sheet at a time in one tray thinking that it would avoid problems like this.

Thanks in advance.