Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photographiyng conference halls and hotel rooms

photographiyng conference halls and hotel rooms

Hmm. Looks like a good situation for a few well place flashbulbs. Simple lighting, lots of power and minimal cost per output. A good solution to problems such as these.

my $.02

If you haven't done a large interior lighting job, you shouldn't be learning on the job while your client pays.

"If you haven't done a large interior lighting job, you shouldn't be learning on the job while your client pays."

and

"How can I become a photogorpaher? Do I have to go to school or is it genetic?"

You learn as you go along and a client pays you while you do so... :-) When I client says I want this or that and for it to look like this - can you do that? You reply - Of course I can - then cross your fingers and hope you can pull it off ... The client only pays for the results. And of course a good phoptogorpaher pulls it off 99.9% of the time - doesn't matter a damn if you've never done it before - just how good the final photograph looks (and lets face it - the technical and technique side isn't exactly rocket science). Taking the technique and using your imagination it what counts.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

"Many, even well known, architectural photogorpahers tend to over light a space and lose a sense of how it really looks."

Got to agree there Dan - and buying McGrath's book is probably the worst thing anyone can do - he takes the dullest interior photographs and oftens seems to overlight them terribly. I also find his articles in view camera an embarassment - I certainly hope he uses outakes to illustrate them, because I'd lose clients for turning in work like that.

Every pro has been in the situation of learning on the job while the client pays, but based on the original question, if the guy has to ask about it on this forum, he probably is in way over his head. Sure I can learn on job, but in moderate steps. I wouldn't expect to go from never having lit an interior to renting a grip truck full of equipment.