Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photographers Formulary Experiences

Re: Photographers Formulary Experiences

FYI: PF has had in the past, year end specials with free shipping. One year I had 5 gals. of TF4 shipped to me – I remember the fifth being free. Quite convenient and cost effective for that year, even though I live 40 minutes from Freestyle. Someone always seems available to answer the phone and talk about the weather both in Condon and your location.

P.S. Drove right by their arguably improbable location last summer on my way from the Salmon River to Glacier NP. Does that count as a "Photographers Formulary Experience"?

Great folks. They've left stuff on their doorstep for me to pick up at 4:00am on a sunday.... Have a great darkroom w/ 8x10 enlargers you can use if you stay 2 nights at their bed & breakfast. They've made up T4 fixer for me while I waited.
    Always have what I'm after. Sherry is always helpful whether in person or over the phone. It's a great place & great people. Living north of the border it is very convenient for me to drop by when heading south.

I had a workshop at PF that went well. But, I find their prices a bit high. You can check out Bostick & Sullivan at www.bostick-sullivan.com. I've also use American Scientific in Portland, Or. for some chemistry and also glassware. I can drive over there and pick it up. They're more reasonable then other local scientific supply houses I've used in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Y View Post
    Great folks. They've left stuff on their doorstep for me to pick up at 4:00am on a sunday.... Have a great darkroom w/ 8x10 enlargers you can use if you stay 2 nights at their bed & breakfast. They've made up T4 fixer for me while I waited.
    Always have what I'm after. Sherry is always helpful whether in person or over the phone. It's a great place & great people. Living north of the border it is very convenient for me to drop by when heading south.
    Totally agree! I buy from them for over 15 years and Sherry has always sent to Brazil without issues or delays.

To close thread regarding the original question:
    In the meantime I got the tracking data from Sherry after I wrote a second mail and the package has arrived in good condition.

Best regards,

Hi, i'm curious. Do they sent out liquid or powder form internationally? I'm looking for some vendors online that can ship to middle east using dhl without a problem. Athough US vendors are on my last option.. I'm quite anxious though about ordering alt chems online especially i'm living here in iran. I hope i could be able to get alt chems so i could start printing again..

Quote Originally Posted by Helcio J Tagliolatto View Post
    Totally agree! I buy from them for over 15 years and Sherry has always sent to Brazil without issues or delays.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    mike (artcarft) gets the best price around cause he buys it by the shipload.....

mike has the best chems around. NONE should be buying from anyone else.

as for PF.....i ordered once from them many many years ago....it took foreeeeeevvvvvveeeerrrrr to get anything. since then it has been artcraft all the way.
    There are chems that Mike doesn't carry though and when I buy a number of chems at a time I like to get them all from the same place at the same time. Cuts down on the hassle of ordering and getting the pkgs from multiple places.
    While Mike is where I prefer to order chems from he doesn't sell Glycin that I use for both my film and print developer. The only supplier I've found in the US for photography grade Glycin in quantities that I would be interested in buying it in is the Formulary.

I've ordered a lot of chems and things from them over the years and can't think of a single problem that I've ever had with the quality of what I got from them or the service I received.

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Hi, i'm curious. Do they sent out liquid or powder form internationally?
    I ordered the liquid form with glycol!
    Not sure if powder can be ordered ...

Best regards,
    Martin

I have thought about ordering from Artcraft before and just took a new look. No PPD, p-aminophenol, Glycin, TF-4 fixer, Dimezone......

I guess I will stick with PF. Artcraft looks like it is geared more toward the Alt-process market.

I have never had a problem with PF.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I have thought about ordering from Artcraft before and just took a new look. No PPD, p-aminophenol, Glycin, TF-4 fixer, Dimezone......

I guess I will stick with PF. Artcraft looks like it is geared more toward the Alt-process market.

I have never had a problem with PF.
    I would call Mike and ask for PPD, p-aminophenol, etc. Not everything he has or can get is listed on his website.