Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still using tank & racks?

Anybody still using tank & racks?

I've been developing my 4x5 in Patterson tanks using the taco method and also with my Mod 54. Recently I started developing my 5x7 in tanks using the steel racks. Talk about easy! I'm seriously thinking of getting some racks to use with 4x5 negs and do away with the taco's and Mod all together. The only downside is that the tanks I use hold a gallon of chemistry. I really need to find some smaller tanks.

Re: Anybody still using tank & racks?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I've been developing my 4x5 in Patterson tanks using the taco method and also with my Mod 54. Recently I started developing my 5x7 in tanks using the steel racks. Talk about easy! I'm seriously thinking of getting some racks to use with 4x5 negs and do away with the taco's and Mod all together. The only downside is that the tanks I use hold a gallon of chemistry. I really need to find some smaller tanks.
    There are plenty of half-gallon tanks available for 4x5 hanger development. Plastic food storage containers of this volume work well too and at less cost.

I love racks and tanks - the perfect option for developing 4x5, and cheap and durable as well.

Vanannan

I use racks and tanks combined with nitrogen burst agitation, perfectly even development, after initial 30 second manual agitation turn on the nitrogen and go and do something else until the negs need moving on through the stop and fix then wash, perfect, simples

I use the one gallon tanks for 8x10, but I recently bought the film holders for 4x5 and 5x7. My Jobo CPE2 may not last too long.....

It is the developing method we teach our students.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I've been using tanks for my 8x10 for years. I'll be using them or should I say the girlfriend will be using them for her 5x7 soon. I use Pyrocat-HD and mix it from scratch so my developer is cheap. I use gallon tanks.

hacker extraordinaire

I really liked my tanks, and still have them, but got occasional surge marks maybe 1% of the time. I was working on a Nitrogen burst system but eventually went back to trays which isn't really much different than tanks because you still have to stand in the dark either way. I wish a had a master to teach me; I'll never figure out what I was doing wrong.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Guilherme Maranhăo coisasdavida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    I love racks and tanks - the perfect option for developing 4x5, and cheap and durable as well.
    I second that. I have both 1-gallon and 2-gallon tanks. I have 8x10 singles, 5x7 doubles and 4x5 quadruple film holders, its a perfect setup.

Quote Originally Posted by coisasdavida View Post
    I second that. I have both 1-gallon and 2-gallon tanks. I have 8x10 singles, 5x7 doubles and 4x5 quadruple film holders, its a perfect setup.
    I do likewise with one-gallon tanks for 8x10 and quad 4x5. Works beautifully. I have larger tanks for washing.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.