Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheap 11x14 film holders on ebay

Re: Cheap 11x14 film holders on ebay

Okay, so I'm curious. I have some old DearDorff wooden 11x14 holders that were a bit dubious back when, so I picked up about 10 of the Fidelity medical holders sometime back and used those for a while, and they've remained pristine. The DearDorffs can be repaired easily enough -- I was just far more concerned with getting the photographs done than going through the process of repair and test that would have been required with the DearDorffs. I'm just curious about the current value of these things (both the Fidelity and the DearDorffs) if those Czech holders are $233 plus shipping and considered "reasonable" or even "cheap."

This is my first day (and probably my second post) on these forums, so please forgive me for not running a search...

The sheets are fine, I waxed the edges of the slides with Renaissance wax and I'm happy with them. The maker is sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by evan clarke View Post
    So, I have had my holders for about a week. they are a little crude, but I have touched them up. Unfortunately, I've spent then week trying to make sheets to no avail. Will keep you posted..
    The sheets are fine, I waxed the edges of the slides with Renaissance wax and I'm happy with them. The maker is sincere.
    Not sure what this means?!?!?!?

So, you received the holders, you've shot film with them, and the results are satisfactory????

Did the holders work well? Did the film load easily? Did the developed film turn out well? Do you have ANY concerns with the holders? With how they accept film? etc., etc., etc., etc.

sorry to bump this post. i'm curious about these holders as well. my questions are the same like jim graves. anyone?

The sheets of film have been OK. They load as well as my Chamonix. They just need to have a few little rough edges dealt with and I waxed the slides with Renaissance wax. I would buy them again at this price..They are homely..

The sheets of film have been OK. They load as well as my Chamonix. They just need to have a few little rough edges dealt with and I waxed the slides with Renaissance wax. I would buy them again at this price..They are homely..
    sorry to bump this once again, but.. apart from the holders working, are the holders standard size and specs (rib lock placement, end flap, etc)?

cheers