Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god, the Durst L1200 fits in the basement !!!!!

(Shrek)

Re: Oh my god, the Durst L1200 fits in the basement !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vick Ko View Post
    So I picked up the enlarger, and simultaneously found someone to buy and pick up the Focomat.
    Just out of curiosity, was your Focomat IIc missing the cable that changes cams when you switch lenses?

. . . At the same time, I was still dithering on whether to sell all my 4x5 gear, and thought, well, if I have a 4x5 enlarger, it might help to motivate me to use the 4x5 camera. . . . Have I shot any 4x5 since summer? No. I did replace the bellows on my Linhof, after finding pinholes.
    Good move, it's important to replace the bellows on cameras you don't use. Those pinholes can wreak havoc on other things in your closet. : - )
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

It had the cable. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    Just out of curiosity, was your Focomat IIc missing the cable that changes cams when you switch lenses?

I agree. I have to remove all obstacles from taking out the camera and using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Good move, it's important to replace the bellows on cameras you don't use. Those pinholes can wreak havoc on other things in your closet. : - )

(Shrek)

It had the cable. Thanks
    Just asking because I picked up a Focomat IIc from the Montreal photo flea market last fall, it's missing that cable and all the masks. I was wondering if I had yours.

I saw it there, was it black?
    Are you missing masks, or the entire negative carrier?
    I do have some parts from a IIc (I bought a IIc from a store in the USA and the postal service "lost" one box - essentially lost the entire parallelogram assembly).
    I know I don't have the Bowden cable, but if you find a Linhof Tech cable release, apparent that fits. I know that it is commonly a missing part of the IIc.

regards
    Vick

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Oh my god, the Durst L1200 fits in the basement !!!!!

Oh huge quantum leap to making prints.

Vick
    I know the feeling. When I first brought home my "new" used Devere 504, the first thng my wife siad to me was how in the world would that thing fit in our basement. We have low ceilings, but hey, 140 year old house, what are you gonna do?

So when it did actually fit in my darkroom, I had pretty much the same reaction as you.
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

(Shrek)

I saw it there, was it black?
    Are you missing masks, or the entire negative carrier?
    I do have some parts from a IIc (I bought a IIc from a store in the USA and the postal service "lost" one box - essentially lost the entire parallelogram assembly).
    I know I don't have the Bowden cable, but if you find a Linhof Tech cable release, apparent that fits. I know that it is commonly a missing part of the IIc.

regards
    Vick
    Yes, it's black. It was unsold at the end of the day, the seller approached me and offered to trade it for something, as he had sold his other (5x7?) enlarger and didn't want to pack this up again. He was in a pick-up truck and it started to rain at the end of the day. I do have the negative carrier, just none of the masks. I know they can be had online, but each one would cost me more than I really paid for the enlarger. Good tip on the cable, thanks, I'll look for one. I was thinking bicycle brake cable until I looked and saw how it moved the cam, then I realized it had to be rigid. It doesn't prevent me from using the enlarger, I just have to remember to lift and change the cam manually when I switch lenses. Not that I ever use the d-mn thing, as I already had a 45MX and a D5.

Yeah, it was my friend that bought the other enlarger, a Durst 138 I helped him pack it.

I checked my stuff, no masks. Sorry.

They are just sheet metal, no big deal to make.

regards
    Vick

Jody,

I've semi-looked into it and Keinzle has the masks and other IIc parts as well. At first glance, lit ooks much cheaper than the online bidding place. Been meaning to call ands talk to someone to confirm which AN glass and masks I should get and how much they would cost to ship to Canada. Have a IIa that needs a few pieces as well. The main thing I'm really missing are the focus stops for the two lenses on the IIc.

Freddy
    notch codes ? I only use one film...