I am pleased to let fellow Large Format Forum members know about a new book about my friend, mentor, and former employer - Ansel Adams. The book is by my long time friend, and former colleague at Ansel's, Andrea Stillman. What makes this new book, "Looking at Ansel Adams: The Photographs and the Man," unlike any previous publications about Ansel are the wonderful stories that Andrea weaves around his photographs. Andrea has an encyclopedic knowledge of Ansel's photographs and his life. I may be a bit biased - having contributed in a small way to the project as the technical consultant.

The "official" publication date is Sept. 25, but the book can be preordered at a discounted price from Amazon.com.

If you are interested in Ansel's work I believe you will enjoy this book.

I can also give you an advance "heads up" that a brand new app - of the same title - is about to launch. The app, which is for Apple iPads and iPhones, is designed as a companion to the book.

If you would like to learn more about the book and the app, check out my latest eNewsletter here:

If you are interested please feel free to join my eNewsletter list. I only send out 5 to 10 announcements a year, and never share contact information with anyone. There is a link to the archive of my past eNewsletters on the newsletter listed above, along with a subscription link.

Cheers!