Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find info on this old Century 4A studio camera ( made by Graflex )

Where to find info on this old Century 4A studio camera ( made by Graflex )

I don't know squat about it and I have to sell it....so looking for any and all information on it. Thanks so much in advance.

loujon

Re: Where to find info on this old Century 4A studio camera ( made by Graflex )

Your Century #4 along with the #4 stand where probably made between 1900-1920's the cameras unfortunately do not bring big money but do have value to the right buyer. I know this as I have a bunch of studio camera/stands mostly because I like em'. I will say t that the pedestal stands do not show up as often as the Semi-Centennial double poster.

where do you live? it can easier to sell these with in a 300 mile or so radius as they can be tough to ship. If you do ship you may have to ship freight with camera on a pallet.

The lens looks to be Petzval Portrait that looks to be missing it's hood? You may want to post close up photos of the lens along with any engravings on the barrel. This way you can try and get a approximate value for it. if you intend to sell with camera as package you can .

Here's a couple pages from the 1911 Eastman Professional Catalog. If you click twice on the page then do the Ctrl & + to increase the page size so you can read the text.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Century #4 add #1.jpg   Century #4 add 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 12-Sep-2012 at 21:02.

Louis, I absolutely cannot thank you enough for this information. It is beyond my expectations so thank you. I posted it to eBay at item number 330793226972 with many more photos and will be trying to figure out more information about the lens in order to help facilitate a better sale. Your advice is exceptional. Do I have permission to use the attached information sheets you provided?

Hahah, ebay's automatic shipping to Norway with UPS is calculated to be over 1500$, think I'm gonna pass. But what a nice camera you have there =)

Your reference to own e**y listing is shameless.
    You will get offers on the lens alone, but transport kills most interest on the set.
    The price/text in the lsting will turn most people off.
    There is a market, but everyone knows transport difficulties/costs.

And if you want a pickup, you are really going to have to reveal where it is beyond "United States"

Steven, why is referring to my ebay posting shameless?

We have the 3A in the studio. Had it shipped by courier in the UK for about $60.

This is how it arrived...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	80458

The camera stand broke down easy enough, just held together by bolts. It could have easily been packed better as it was sent bellows extended? So shipping is possible I suppose.

Heres a blog link... http://fourtoes.co.uk/iblog/?p=2926

It is contrary to the posting rules on LFPF to give any sort of link to advertising.
    The place for commerce is the FS/WTT thread and there are rules there too!

Steven, I did not know it was against the rules. My apologies. I am looking for a delete/edit but haven't found it yet. Will be glad to delete the reference and if any moderator wants to delete it I would be grateful.