Thread: Arca-Swiss Flat 171 x 171mm lensboard question

Arca-Swiss Flat 171 x 171mm lensboard question

There is dealer called ecbuyonline that sells Arca Swiss lensboards. He say he is not sure if they fit the current F-line, but he is sure it fits the older models. Do anybody on this forum know?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Board-1...item4158efe816

Arca-Swiss

Re: Arca-Swiss Flat 171 x 171mm lensboard question

These boards fit 171 series cameras made until the end of 2004.
    After that the board size is 141 square.
    Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

You are probably right. Just wondered if they were for the older models, B and C series. The seller was not confident in his answer to me.

Those boards have the raised light trap, so they fit the current F models (171 size, naturally) with the matching light trap recess. I've had very good success finding used Arca 171 F boards at reasonable prices from KEH.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by John Schneider View Post
    Those boards have the raised light trap, so they fit the current F models (171 size, naturally) with the matching light trap recess. I've had very good success finding used Arca 171 F boards at reasonable prices from KEH.
    So you have tried the lensboards from ecbuyonline yourself? I checked KEH, they had lensbaards, but they are all recessed version, very typical. Thanks for advise :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggywag View Post
    I checked KEH, they had lensbaards, but they are all recessed version.
    Keep checking back. I bought two flat, 171 boards with the raised light trap from KEH the week before last, the total with shipping was under $60.

Is there a particular shutter hole size you're looking for? I have several 171 flat boards, I buy them when the price is right regardless of hole size, as I usually bore these out to fit larger brass lenses.
    Last edited by John Schneider; 14-Sep-2012 at 10:03. Reason: more info
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

I will use it for an Apo Ronar 760 with an Ilex 5 shutter, so I guess the hole needs to be larger than any standard hole anyway. Do you have a board for sale?