Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bride dies at "trash the dress" shoot

Re: Bride dies at "trash the dress" shoot

Even if the photographer was found not liable, they'd probably lose at least a good portion of their business, reputation, insurance, and money in the course of the case. No winners here.

I regret calling the bride stupid, I've done plenty of dumber, riskier things myself and seen other people that I know are mostly bright be thoughtless too. It's a real shame. I know there are plenty of ex-climbers here for example, and to non-climbers that probably seems just as silly as doing trash the dress photos.

I think a lot of the dresses that get trashed are not the originals but rather disposable, cheap old thrift market ones. Or perhaps it signifies their hope that the dress will only need to be used one time, as in only getting married once?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

[QUOTE=RichardSperry;92775. [/QUOTE]

Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Yawn
    I thought you had me on ignore, Brian.

What changed your mind?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Pleas stop stalking and harrassing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Yes, when the saturated dress is underwater, so is the bride.

When the bride tries to stand wearing the saturated dress, the dress (and the water) are out of the water.

- Leigh
    Sorry, I thought that you were disputing the 'in water' part of the physics. I suspect that no-one would dispute that a wet dress is heavy out of the water.

One of my friends is a 'messy girl*' and I have done a few in-water shoots for her in various costumes - because I'm the only person she is comfortable with that has an underwater camera. We were very careful the first time she staged a fall into the water in a wedding dress. Without there being any panic, and with help immediately available, she had no problems keeping her head above water. The long dress and underskirts didn't impede her legs very much at all - she was able to hitch them up out of the way. It was, however, very easy to see how things could be tragically different in only slightly different circumstances.

*Google with care if you don't know what it means - it's a fetish for getting messy.

Have you guys seen the photos of where she was standing? It's whitewater near a waterfall. Her body was found 100 feet from where she fell, so the current must have been quite strong.

Anyway, that might help explain why the photographer couldn't just pull her out, and why the dress made things so problematic.

It's absolutely horrible, no two ways about it. The photographer's business is probably shot, but it's his sanity I'd worry about. If this happened on my watch, I know I'd never be the same.