Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FKD 13X18cm 5X7 compatability

FKD 13X18cm 5X7 compatability

Andre, it is slightly wider than normal but the 240mm G Claron can be had very cheaply in a barrel (~$100-150) and it screws into a Copal 1 Press shutter which can be had for well under $100. I got one for $40 with a 75mm Tominon in it. Unforunately it is the one with the small iris so if I mounted a 240mm lens in it, it would be f/14.4 wide open which would be difficult to focus with. With the shutter with the larger iris you would get the full f/9. Just to be sure you get the right one, the 127mm Tominon lens comes in the correct shutter (so do most, but not all 75mm). It might be slightly more expensive.

I too was looking for, but had trouble dealing with the film, cassettes, conversion to 8x10 film, then processing, etc... A shortcut (to get nice photos) occured to me after reading this discussion thread. I composed my kids into the FKD 18x24cm w/210 lens, then captured the ground glass image with my Fuji S1 Pro's Nikkor Macro Lens. Would this qualify as an alternative process?

Gianni

Hello

Does anyone know what is the process and chemicals used to take pictures on glass ?

Some one told me there is something you can pint glass with and take a picture on it .... that is why i bought the camera ... now i am looking on how to acomplish this.

Re: FKD 13X18cm 5X7 compatability

BosseB has done this a lot with great results. I use my FKD 13x18 with unexposed glass plates of various sizes bought from the Bay.
    My FKD had no ground glass or anything to mount the ground glass in so I bought some satin snow glass and mounted it in a shallow picture frame which I wedge in place.
    The flim/plate holders I have were not for FDK but work with use of elastic bands and gaffer tape and an insert for the plate cut from Matte!!!! Total cost £0 - all junk given to me. Here; 5x4 glass plate - in R09 contact printed on Ilford Grade 2 in Ilford Warmtone .