This is a very late hello, but somehow I felt compelled to do a brief intro at this moment.

My name is Peter Bryld, I just turned 19 and I finished what is almost equivalent to high school this summer.
I play the piano at an intermediate level and am starting at a music school next week in order to have something to do while I take a year off prior to the university.
I play the classical stuff, and my favourite composer is Franz Liszt, who's pieces I'm just beginning to be able to play. I hope I'll please my soon-to-be teachers by having learned Transcendental Etude no. 3 over the summer, because the piece I auditioned for the school with was just Mozart's fantasie in D-minor...

Only now am I starting to take LF pictures, as I have been gathering stuff for quite a while. It's expensive getting into this stuff! And you need a lot of things as well.
I can't wait to really get shooting and dedicate myself to the old techniques. I'm not one of those who detest digital cameras though, I love them for snap shots.
I'll be shooting 8x10 as I can't afford a big enlarger for 4x5s, not to mention I would rather wait, pay more and then eventually get an 8x10 enlarger! One can dream...

What interests me is landscapes and history (which I feel go hand in hand). I'm also very inspired by the old baroque painters, both the still lives and religious paintings, which I hope to do some work related to at some point.

This forum is a truly great resource and I'm so glad to be here!