Hi.

Sorry for the newbie question here. If you look at a colour positive on a lightbox or whatever and you make sure the film is the right way up etc., should the writing along the film edge be the right way round or mirrored?

The reason I ask is that I have just had my first ever couple of colour positives back from the lab (Fuji Provia). They have come out very dark and red, and the lab suggested that I had the film in back-to-front. Everything I read said that the notches go in the top right hand corner when loading darkslides. Holding the slides that way round has the image correct (showing I did indeed have the notches in the 'right' place when loading) but the writing mirrored; holding the slide with the writing the correct way round has the image mirrored and the notches in the top left hand edge. You'll appreciate I'm a bit confused!

Is there any other reason for the slides to be under-exposed and very red? Although I am inexperienced with LF photography I have been taking photographs with a variety of 35mm and 120 rigs for a number of years and I doubt I would get the exposure that wrong. twice!

Best wishes, Kris.