Thread: Granger on your iPad!

Granger on your iPad!

Comrades! My book of Point Reyes photographs is now available for your ebook or iPad. I myself don't own an ebook or an iPad, so I can't actually tell you how it will look there. However, it IS only $2.99, so you can't beat that, right? I mean, we're talking about eighty-four photographs* for the price of a cappuccino! Holy cow! That's incredible!

http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/290073-point-reyes

*True, they are not the sort of photographs that you can hang on your wall, but on the upside, you can carry them around with you and show them to your friends, so that's got to count for something. Did I already mention the cappuccino?

Re: Granger on your iPad!

Now I almost regret that I am not in possession of any such device... It would be lovely to look at your photographs while drinking a solitary cappuccino...
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Bought!! I will have a look at it later tonight!

Thanks, I'll look to buy it. When I lived in Sacramento friends and I visited Point Reyes more than a few times in the early 1970's. I miss it a lot and it's always on my list of places to return.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

Almost makes me wish I had an iDevice of some kind. Sadly, I am still running WinXP on a seven year old computer as my only conduit to the wider Web. Anyway, glad to hear it, Austin. Should expand the reach (and sales) of the book.

Jonathan

Well it took awhile but I was finally able to download the book. Turns out you have to have the iBooks app installed on your iPad to actually be able to download and view an iBook on your iPad. Who knew.

Anyway the book is very nice, and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Great job Austin!!!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Almost makes me wish I had an iDevice of some kind. Sadly, I am still running WinXP on a seven year old computer as my only conduit to the wider Web. Anyway, glad to hear it, Austin. Should expand the reach (and sales) of the book.

Jonathan
    You can pick up an iPad 1 for little more than $200 these days. For all the bleating on about how Apple is eeeeevil, for a device to easily browse the internet and for a mass of great content that can be read on an iPad, I think the iPad is a brilliant piece of equipment if only for ebook reading, a bit of ad hoc web surfing and thumbing through Austin Granger's book (which I'm about to do).

I just recently replaced my iPad 1 for an iPad 3 but I was perfectly happy with the 1; I was just being greedy and jealous of my mate's iPad 3. But the iPad 1 was more than serviceable and still has several years of life left in it. My girlfriend is the happy new owner of my old iPad and she's ecstatic with it.

I will be buying this eBook as well.

I have seen some these photographs somewhere, but it escapes me where.

Good luck with it and let us know how it does.

Beautiful work. Just downloaded the book. If only it were caffeinated since I had to skip my daily cappuccino.

Dan

I bought the print version some time ago. Austin's work is excellent as anyone who has viewed it here will know, and well worth supporting. I don't have an iPad (wife does and I occasionally use hers) and I think the size limit on my iPhone is a bit too small to bother with but well worth the three bucks if someone has an iPad or similar.