Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

No darkroom in current location but still have the equipment. Lightroom capabilities, though.

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Basement darkroom here. Kind of cold in the winter but nice in the summer. Scan on a Microtek M1 for a quick peek but wet is the best.

Up until nine years ago I had a full darkroom (D2v enlarger, Jobo CPE2, etc.) for about 25 years. When I move to South Carolina from Michigan, the new house did not have a basement. Everything went into storage. About a year and a half ago, I built a full darkroom in a large shed. It is fully functional, but I have yet to print anything with the D2v. Currently, I process my film, but I scan and print it on an Epson 3880 printer. I'm not sure I will ever use that enlarger again, but it may happen. I do plan to start doing cyanotypes, etc soon though.

Traditional darkroom, no real scanning capability.

Currently languishing stuck in analogue capture and digital process, but if things go to plan should have one sorted within the next two years. . .

LJ Segil

Years of digitally scanning and printing commercially processed film. Finally put in a darkroom so I can begin to learn how to make photographs. So far, haven't learned, but the process is wonderful.
    Larry

Darkroom only

Oh, me,....
    ...have darkroom equipment.
    ...don't have a nice basement - it only has a 6 foot ceiling with ducts in some areas that are lower than the ceiling. And the ceiling consist of open rafters

Vick

Darkroom.

I haven't had my darkroom set up in nearly four years due to space, but I can't wait to get it up and rolling again. AS another member said, shooting is only half the equation. The rest of the joy is in actually bringing forth the original vision in the field, from those trays of chemistry.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg