Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much is this set-up worth

How much is this set-up worth

Found this on a local CL add. Have wanted to dabble in LF for awhile and wondered if anyone could give me a guesstimate on what this is worthClick image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	75987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	75988

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: How much is this set-up worth

The TLR on the left could be 100-700 - can't really tell from the photo.

10 film holders at 5-10 each
    One of the other holders goes for 50-80, the other is worthless.
    Case 20-100
    Graflex with lens 250-600

Need more detailed views to give better information

The TLR is a Graflex 22 (after the company bought out Ciro-Flex). Pretty basic camera...maybe $100 if shutter and glass are in very good condition.

From the photos everything looks in good condition, so depending on the shutter and glass (and the focal plane shutter on the Speed Graphic camera body), I would offer a max of $300 for the lot. Two hundred if I had to find a replacement lens/shutter. But this reflects my desire for the set...perhaps a little low since I own most of what is in the set already -- a much older Speed Graphic, but the same TLR and use larger formats these days.

The pretty tripod that would have come with the set is missing (I have one in like-new condition, but I have never tried to actually use it), but if the seller thinks of the set as a collector's item rather than a something to actually use, he might want more.

Vaughn

loujon

I think given it's a Craigs listing . I think $250 up to maybe $300 would be fair if the focal plain shutter runs well, the bellows are light tight and the Grafmatic holder has it septums and is in good condition.

The lens looks to be either a Ektar 127 or 152 mm FL in Supermatic shutter. Good lens ( is glass coating in good shape?) good shutter. If it runs rough a CLA will get in shape if you need those shutter speeds. Otherwise open it up and use the FP shutter. One more thing is check the range finder if you plan to use it butchances are it probably working well with the Kodak Ektar given the camera look barely used..

Every thing else is nice but you may not need them other than the Volcanite case. The flash handles are not the big money 3 battery Graflex /Star Wars Light saber so they really have little value and the holders are so inexpensive that they don't add value.

The gear looks to be in great condition with low mileage. I guess if you can get for less than my given value good for you. If the seller thinks it's value is in the high hundreds then pass and take a chance on eBay. Plenty of good deals on Speeds and Crowns if your patient.

Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks Vaughn. 127mm Ektar it is.

I see 127mm on the lens (f4.7)

I would be a buyer on the graflex if the back is clean, shutter worked and glass was clean between 250 300

Whats worth? "The most a buyer will give and the least you would take."

Thanks....they are asking much more than what you guys are quoting....

I think I may still go lok at it....could you give me some tips on what and how to check to tell if the camera is in good working condition. I do not think the owner will be of much help as they are selling for someone that has passed away.

Also found another camera what is a fair price for this? no lens.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	75994

Quote Originally Posted by minor salazar View Post
    Also found another camera what is a fair price for this? no lens.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	75994
    2 years ago I helped a friend get started in 4x5. We found a Graphic View II (like the one you posted) and a Grundlach/Korona wooden 4x5 field camera. No lenses. He paid $200 for both from a Craigslist ad.