Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Re: Solo Show in Ventura California " Symphonies of Light"

Outstanding. I wish you great success. I've never actually seen a carbon print "in person". I wish I could make it there.

Congratulations, Jim.

Congratulations, Jim!

Jim, it's going to be a great show and a rare opportunity for the public to see Carbon Transfer Prints up close. Not only will they see some outstanding work but in sizes that are just not seen today, especially at one time. When you announced the show many months ago I immediately set the time aside to attend. Congratulations, it has been a labor of love and many many long hours of work involving traditional film with traditional Ultra Large Format cameras that you crafted and built. I will see you there in Ventura!

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Jim,
    I'm so glad that it finally happened. It's definitely your time.
    No doubt it will be a great show because this is one of a kind exhibition and a state of the art process for the carbon print. A lifetime opportunity for people that have never had a chance to see in person. A Genuine ULF Carbon print made with in-camera negative with home made tissue.
    We are fortunate to have you here as an asset for the community,totally dedicated 100% to traditional photography and a hardcore art friend. I'm proud of you.
    I already posted on your FB. My family will be there on either day but I have to work around my schedule.
    Again, congratulations and looking forward to see the video clip that you have made from the show.
    Cheers,

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Jim, it's going to be a great show and a rare opportunity for the public to see Carbon Transfer Prints up close. Not only will they see some outstanding work but in sizes that are just not seen today, especially at one time. When you announced the show many months ago I immediately set the time aside to attend. Congratulations, it has been a labor of love and many many long hours of work involving traditional film with traditional Ultra Large Format cameras that you crafted and built. I will see you there in Ventura!
    +1

Jim,
    Finally... the light at the end of the tunnel! And it's not an oncoming train.
    How many months has it been that your forum posts are along the lines of "no time for that", "no money for that. I've got a show coming up." "Can't do that as it takes away from my preparations for an upcoming show"? Hot damn. You can finally bite into the fruits of your labor. I only wish I could attend to enjoy it with you. It's truly a rare experience to see that many carbon prints, especially in those sizes, in one place. After the show, pack it well. You need to have it ready for transporting to your next show in or around TN.

Best of luck!
    Chris

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments. It has been a very long journey and I've gotten some wonderful help from this forum and its members. This is where I first saw a carbon transfer print posted by Vaughn Hutchins many years ago and after seeing Vaughn's work while sitting on the steps of the Ansel Adams gallery in Yosemite I knew in that instant which way my work would go. At that moment I was a carbon printer and I have never looked back. I've made many great friends on this forum and I hope to share the love of what I do with those who will attend. Can't thank you guys enough.

I recently finished a video session with my youngest son, who happens to be a film maker, and he is editing our shoot and I'll have a short film that will show how I do what I do and give you some more background on why I do what I do. It has been a long journey and I've made it work somehow. My show opens a month from today and I just have to frame the final few pieces of work. My postcards just came in and everything is on schedule. It is a lot of work but I'm loving it. Thanks again everyone. For those who can't make it I hope to have video coverage and plenty of pictures to share.

You know I'll be there mi amigo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JimF 4x6PC2.jpg   JimF 4x6PC.jpg  
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

I am trying to figure a way to get down to see your show. I'll know more in a few weeks how that first week of August might work out. Seven hundred miles and 12 hours -- not exactly close, but it would be great to be there and to get my boys down to SoCal for a week.

I remember my first solo show back in 1985 -- 33 prints (all 16x20 silver gelatins back then). After the work has been up, then taken down in what seems such a short time, there is a danger of thinking , "What? That's it?!" But if one has enjoyed the journey to get to that point, then the taking down of the work is just the end of a chapter, and there promises to be exciting and rewarding journeys to follow.

It has been awhile since that day on the AA Gallery porch and it is wonderful that you have taken photography to heart. I hope to be able to see the show -- and if not, to be able to see your work in person some other time. I plan on being here in the redwoods for a long while if/when you head up this way!

Vaughn