Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The LF Camera you have owned the longest and still do.

Re: The LF Camera you have owned the longest and still do.

A Sinar F2 I bought in 2000.

The War Department surplus MPP S.92 I bought in about '74 as a complete kit with Wray 89 mm Wide Angle Anastigmat and 184 mm f/4.5 Lustrar lenses, MPP flashgun, War Department darkslide case complete with RAF webbing shoulder strap and six wooden DDs (the glass plate type with separate metal film holder), two wire frame viewfinders, filter-holder lens hoods, WD yellow and red filters etc. I immediately bought a new Polaroid 545 holder to go with it, which cost about the same as the whole MPP kit, and a 12" Dallmeyer Dallon. I still have everything except the DD case - which was 'borrowed' with four of the DDs in it. The Lustrar isn't a bad lens. I used the MPP hand-held quite a lot.

Best,
    Helen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8299985-md.jpg  

Mine is a Wisner 4x5 technical field. I had since the mid to late 80's. But, my RB67 has been with me longer. Since 1982.
    Love them both.

Mine would be a Linhof STIV factory three lens outfit that I purchased in 1987, all but the body came in the original boxes. It is also the first LF camera for me, unless you count a lawnsale camera in 1972 or so which disintegrated due to dried out glue as soon as I got it home. I did salvage the lens off that one, though.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

W K Longcor

I got an Anniversary Speed Graphic in the spring of 1962. In the late 1960's, I sold it to a friend. In 1977, I realized my mistake and bought it back from him. Saddly, it sits on a shelf today -- unused in about 20 years. In 1965, I purchased a nice looking Kodak Master 4x5 ( the one that predated the early Calumets). Though I now have numerous other large format cameras -- I still own - love -- and use the Kodak Master. Back in the days before "computer aided" photographs, I did a lot of "special effects" work. Would move the film holder from Sinar to Kodak Master to another Sinar to an 8X10 with a 4x5 reducing back -- adding image upon image on a single piece of film. Now, THAT was photography at its most FUN!

New Gowland 4x5 PocketView (Calumet version), bought in about 1983 for a planned 6-month bicycle tour in NZ (1986/7). I bought it to replace a Rajah (knock off of Deardorf Special, bought in 1979) that was too heavy for backpacking/biking and leaked light on a previous NZ trip (1980/1). The Rajah was turned into a 5x7 camera (a Deardorf 5x7 back fit right on it w/o modification), but was stolen in 1995.

My first LF camera was a gift from my grandfather, a pre-anniversity speed graphic in 4X5. This was in 1948, when he says to me, "This camera is superfulous to my needs as I just found a 5X7 Speed graphic. Now everyone knows contact prints are better than enlarger prints" he continued "and 5X7 contact prints are the smallest ones you can see hung on a wall, so here you go." I was 10 years old at the time.

Smile Re: The LF Camera you have owned the longest and still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Bach View Post
    The War Department surplus MPP S.92 I bought in about '74 as a complete kit with Wray 89 mm Wide Angle Anastigmat and 184 mm f/4.5 Lustrar lenses, MPP flashgun, War Department darkslide case complete with RAF webbing shoulder strap and six wooden DDs (the glass plate type with separate metal film holder), two wire frame viewfinders, filter-holder lens hoods, WD yellow and red filters etc. I immediately bought a new Polaroid 545 holder to go with it, which cost about the same as the whole MPP kit, and a 12" Dallmeyer Dallon. I still have everything except the DD case - which was 'borrowed' with four of the DDs in it. The Lustrar isn't a bad lens. I used the MPP hand-held quite a lot.

Best,
    Helen
    Exactly the same kit as I learned to use as an assistant photographer at the Royal Aircraft Establishment Farnborough some 40 or so years ago!
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Quote Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
    Exactly the same kit as I learned to use as an assistant photographer at the Royal Aircraft Establishment Farnborough some 40 or so years ago!
    Do you think Helen will tell us which Park bench she's left the camera on

The value of MPP's has gone through the roof in recent years, people were giving them away a few years ago.

Ian

Scott Davis

Until recently, it was my Shen Hao HZX45 AT (no II... 3 digit serial #). But I sold it to help pay some legal bills, along with my Zone VI 8x10 (thank you, ex!). Now it would be my Canham 5x7, which I've had since 2003? 2004? It has since grown to also be a 5x12.