Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ViewFinder app for Android

Re: ViewFinder app for Android

Quote Originally Posted by jfdupuis View Post
    I'm always open to constructive comments on how to improve things.
    It would be nice if there were a few more options for lenses longer than 150mm for 4x5

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    It would be nice if there were a few more options for lenses longer than 150mm for 4x5
    When you select the lens, there is the "Add" button at the bottom of the list. You can then enter any desired focal length.

Quote Originally Posted by jfdupuis View Post
    When you select the lens, there is the "Add" button at the bottom of the list. You can then enter any desired focal length.
    Thanks for the info, I have put in all my focal lengths but now it states, 'unable to set preview size' and the image is restricted to about 100mm, all the frames for lenses wider than that are just empty.

Nice work Jeff,

I have an iphone and ipad, so I wont be able to use your app, but congrats nonetheless. It looks nice, and being that the user can define whatever format and focal length desired, it's also very functional as well. If things change and you are able to produce the same app for us apple users, please do let us know, as I would buy it.

-Daniel

Re: ViewFinder app for Android - units?

New installation on what purports to be Jelly Bean, but is in any case at least ICS with three buttons
    Set up a new format for my Sony A55 with the APS-C dimensions from wiki: 25.1 x 16.7mm
    Used this format to make 2 new frames, one at 35mm and one at 200mm lens lengths
    Anyway, long story short: app starts with a black screen, never shows a picture
    Iris control is utterly inactive - screen size 854x480 a problem?
    ATM a disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by Warocksreview View Post
    This is epic application
    Well, it would be for me, too, if I could make it work!

Have to say I am disappointed JF hasn't answered my question ...

I am happy to say that the app is now working, because JF modified it to take account of the fact that my phone returns incorrect field of view information. So I am a happy man!

I discovered this thread while looking for an Android viewfinder app. Works great on my Galaxy Nexus - thanks!

perptual newbee

Good idea. I have been using card frames or guesstimation and still will when out and about with the cameras, but I don't always have them with me, whereas the pesky phone seems to be pretty much always there. The app seems to choke on very wides but it is nice to be able to put up frames with different aspects such 6x17 and 5x7 on the same scene.

how does one put in 5x7? on the menu it skips from 4x5 straight to 8x10???

I finally managed to get to the menu area by using the left button - I have to hit it a couple times or just right.. then the menu will pop up

Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    You can add lenses FL and film sizes at will, there's no limit I've found until now. I added all my lenses for 4x5 and 5x7; next will be 8x10 and 120 film. You can choose what color the frame should display in, and which frames should be shown together.