Hi, I apologise now for not knowing what I am talking about!. My sister has written a PhD about a 1970's photographer who used a 4x5 inch wide format press camera and I wanted to buy her such a camera for her 30th birthday. I am not sure what 'press' means but if it means a professional standard then I don't think it needs to be a press one. I am not sure exactly how much she will use it - I certainly dont want to pay the prices of the new professional ones I have seen. I have found some vintage (1940s and later) examples on the american ebay website which are about £150 for ones that they say work, if a little stiff etc. I am not clear whether these working cameras are purely working collectables or you could get the negatives (or plates or whatever you need) to be able to actually use them. What I would like is a nice looking camera (e.g http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2978064405&category=15247) that she could use, although probably not very often. I would be willing to pay up to £200ish. Do you think I could find such a thing? Sophie