Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOD54 film processing "report"

Out of Plumb

MOD54 film processing "report"

Well like some I've wondered about the MOD54. I finally bought one. Loading the film does take some practice. After fiddled with it for about 15 minutes I had the process down. I loaded 6 sheets in my film bag. I would have been much easier if I had a tent or waited until dark to load it, but I could not wait. After loading and placing the lid the processing of the film was EXTREMELY easy. Filling and dumping the chemicals was fast and easy. On a previous thread someone was concerned it the frame would leave a portion of the film undeveloped. I did not see ANY evidence of this on any of the sheets. The developement was even. Over all I think its a fine product that enabled me to process my own 4x5 sheets at home with minimal hasle. I give it two thumbs up or 5 of 5 stars. It was also my first time to use Pyro HD. I've not tested my film speed or developement times with Pyro, but it looks OK for my first time Two images one stop difference

Here is scan of the film at 720 with Epson V750

Paul Ward

First real camera: Nikon F2, gift from gandfather (1980), still have and use it.
    Wista m45 4x5
    Calumet Green Monster
    Agfa 8x10 Field Camera

“A big negative is really a positive…”

Re: MOD54 film processing "report"

Very nice, Paul!

Thanks Ataim for your input on the MOD54, I too have been interested in this product. Since I don't have anything to process my 4x5 film I think I will try this.
    Cheers.
    Louie

On a previous thread someone was concerned it the frame would leave a portion of the film undeveloped. I did not see ANY evidence of this on any of the sheets. The developement was even.
    That image is way to visually busy to accurately judge even development. Try photographing something even like a blank wall-way out of focus- and place it on middle grey and do a test. What you want to know is what will happen if you ever photograph a scene with allot of say blank sky and the blank wall test will tell you that whereas the image above will not.
    Last edited by Kirk Gittings; 6-Apr-2012 at 14:38.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Subscribed...I would like to hear more input on this product; looks like it may be a good alternative.

I have one and have been using it for some time. The first time loading it was a little slow, but I'm used to it now and love it. Absolutely great product!

I just used my MOD54 for the first time. Even development, no scratches. A bit of a chore to load the film, but like most things in life, it gets easier with practice. It does use a lot of chemistry (1-litre/6-sheets) where my 'tubes' only use 50ml/sheet). Still, I give it 5-stars!

I also have one and have been using it for around 6 months. It is tricky at first to load. (I would suggest Mod54 newbies practice in the light with junk film) The sheets I have developed using it have been even and scratch free. I have a Combi Tank as well but prefer the Mod 54/Paterson combo.

Another satisfied customer here. It took me a bit to get used to loading the film into the insert, but it works well and is easy to use. The only downside is the (stated, I didn't actually try this) lack of support for rotary processing, so it's a liter each time.
    www.memoryofadream.com

George Sheils

I'm another satisfied customer.

Practice makes perfect as regards loading.

What's the problem with people and chemicals?....I use Rodinal 1:100 semi stand for 30 minutes. That's around 10ml of Rodinal. Stop bath is plain water and fix is Ilford mixed 1:9.

Cheap as chips, and works great.