Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good cheap padded case for Pentax Digital Spot?

Good cheap padded case for Pentax Digital Spot?

Or which model Lowe-Pro Neoprene thing works best?

Re: Good cheap padded case for Pentax Digital Spot?

I used one of those for 18-1/2 years and never needed a case, strap, lanyard or holster for it. And I still wouldn't, if I hadn't left it on the ground and gone far away after making a photograph in Nov. 2010. Hmm...maybe a case would have helped.

Eric Biggerstaff

I just use a point and shoot camera case, well padded and cheap.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Yeah I just use the case for padding in the large camera case - when shooting I just shove it into my pocket - basically I am wondering what model # to order, lol.

Frank,

I have the leather holster one, and it is marked inside with John Sexton's name and info, therefore it's even more accurate and takes better pictures than yours! Plus it makes it look like i am packing' heat, deterring troublemakers! Two-fer.

Yeah I used to own a lovely Zone VI holster and in the 80s another guy, Kevin something, use to cobble his own for the in-crowd too. Nowadays I really prefer not using anything on my belt that looks like a pistol holster for practical reasons like some Homeland Security sniper blowing my head off under the Golden Gate bridge or something like that. Those guys have to get bored....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Yeah I used to own a lovely Zone VI holster and in the 80s another guy, Kevin something, use to cobble his own for the in-crowd too. Nowadays I really prefer not using anything on my belt that looks like a pistol holster for practical reasons like some Homeland Security sniper blowing my head off under the Golden Gate bridge or something like that. Those guys have to get bored....
    Frank you are so smart and entertaining at the same time!

Wish I could help you, but I sold my Pentax Spot a while back. You could just use an old sock.

HA-HA. I like a good LOL thread now and then. Many years ago I used a handcuff case for an old Weston meter.
    I quit carrying it on my belt...got tired of all the questions.
    Frank, I would just check the internal dimensions of any prospective case, and run with a case that will accommodate.

I use a low cut running sock that I dye middle gray-really. Solves two problems at once. I dye the pair together so I always have a backup when the first one gets to groddy.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I wear a small fanny pack with the pouch at the front for easy access to accessories (loupe, filters, etc). I have a mountain climbers chalk bag that I got at REI strapped onto the fanny pack belt to hold my spot meter. The pouch has a quick action draw string I use to keep the spot meter from falling out. Might not be what you're looking for, but the setup works pretty well for me. FYI - JPEG attached. I also strap on a 4x5 film holder pouch (Gnass Gear) on the other side of the fanny pack so that I have everything I need to make an image without going to my backpack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LF_Fanny_Pack.jpg